This week we had a couple of exciting events. But believe it or not, we forgot to take our camera to either one!
Is this my kind of work or what? Earlier this week I found out that on Friday a group of my friends at work were volunteering to go help build a house for Habitat for Humanity. They told me that Habitat was still looking for more volunteers. I gladly submitted my name because here is how it works, we leave at 7 (on Friday) and work until about 1 and charge all of our time for the day to marketing for the company. So instead of going to work, I got to go and pretend that I knew how to insulate a house. Oh yeah, and Kyle got to come too! He doesn't have classes on Friday.
On Saturday, Kyle and I went to Louisville, KY to go to the temple. Now I have heard of the so-called "mini" temples, but I had yet to go to one. Louisville is definitely one of them! It was literally right next to a church building on where the church parking lot would have been. The bathroom had I believe 9 dressing room stall things...it was a little different from the Provo Temple which we had been attending. But it was such a good trip. It took us about 2 hours to get there and afterwards we went and looked downtown at the Louisville Slugger Plant, and Churchill Downs where the Kentucky Derby is run. We weren't able to tour either place because it was after 5. So next time we will have to plan our trip a little better so we can hit the sites! It was just as well though because like I mentioned earlier, we had forgotten our camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment