Thursday, April 17, 2008

The big day!

About a month ago (a couple of weeks after we found out...but before I had broken the news) at work my boss came to my desk first thing in the morning.  This is how our conversation went...

Susan:  I had a dream you were moving to Northern California; you aren't moving to Northern California are you?

Emily:  Northern California?  Nope, I am not moving to Northern California.

Susan:  Good.  I was actually really worried.

So...I am going to tell her the big news tomorrow.  I have had a really hard time deciding when I should break the news...I know that I am not legally obligated to tell her this soon, but I really feel that I would be being dishonest with her to wait any longer.  It wouldn't be so hard if I didn't like her so much.  In the end, there might be some monetary repercussions, but at least I will have a clear conscience.  Wish me luck. 

P.S. If you think that I am a fool and made the wrong decision, don't tell me.  Just make lots of comments on how you would have done the exact same thing :) 

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Emily- I'll be praying for you today. Just remember you're doing the right thing for your family and you have prophets to back you up. I've gone through the quitting thing twice in the last two years (soon to be three times in July) and I was a nervous wreck for like weeks before both. I stay awake at night and fear that day.

You know what I think is funny? I think in the scriptures when it says to become like a little child this is what it means... Going through what you are doing is a straightforward decision in supporting your husband and going through stuff like this to get to the "other side" so to speak, but just as in simple stuff that was hard when we were 12 (like remembering to read scriptures or staying awake in seminary)- stuff that was a training ground we had no idea would be so important- and just because its the right thing doesn't make it easy.

Its hard when your boss is actually really cool, when you enjoy what you're doing, and when everyone at work assumes you're all on the same page as far as you're there for the long run. My bet is that today after you tell her, you'll need to cuddle with Kyle tonight and just be sad for a while. Just remember even though you may feel like you let your boss down, it means the world to Kyle in even an eternal setting.

Sorry I sound so preachy. But I'm pulling for you. You are awesome and you'll do great. I bet you won't even cry in front of your boss (if you can avoid that you'll be great. I for one, did not last year, and I still feel stupid.)

Anyway- you're awesome.

Danielle said...

How'd it go? We need an update!

forget laundry said...

wishing you luck... I hope it goes well

Natalie said...

no way i would have said anything (keith)