Monday, November 17, 2008

Things Change

It was only a little over a year ago that we said goodbye to Provo and hello to Indianapolis. Provo treated us well, it was where we met, dated, fell in love, and started our lives together. In Provo we graduated from [our first phase] college. Provo was comfortable: Kyle basically grew up there, and I lived there for 6 years. We left behind our families, great friends, fun stores, Bajio!, and much, much more. We said goodbye to provo....




...and hello to Indianapolis! Aside from a quick house hunting trip/job intereview, I had never been to Indiana (shoot, I honestly had never even considered living in Indiana!) We lived in Indiana almost exactly one year. And this year was anything but a short detour in our lives. We loved it there! I think just about everyday that if it weren't so stinkin' far away from "home" we would live there the rest of our lives! In Indiana we met many wonderful life-long friends and got to spend lots of time with my Indiana family! We went to a Colts game, the Speedway, Chicago, Kentucky, Ohio, Amish Country, and Nauvoo! In Indiana, Kyle graduated with a Masters degree from Purdue. However, staying in Indiana just wasn't in our cards. Kyle was accepted into dental school at the University of Southern California, so after twelve short months, we said farewell to Indy....



...and hello to Los Angeles! Like Indianapolis, Los Angeles was also a place that I never honestly considered living, but this is where we are, SO I am determined to like it. Don't get me wrong, living in Southern California definitely has it's perks; however, there are a few things that I could really do with out (i.e. traffic, proposition 8, about 9 million people, housing costs, the Lakers, etc.) Los Angeles (acutally S. Pasadena) is where we will live for the next 4 years as Kyle finishes college phase 3! It is where we will start our family (no, that's not an announcement), and it is where we are having so much fun with so many great new friends! So keep watching as I continue to update on the California stage of our lives!

5 comments:

Marsie Pants said...

Wow, California! At least you're in the same time zone as your family now, right? Good luck out there! And I'm totally offended you were in Ohio and didn't visit us. Just kidding. Hope you enjoyed it!

Luke and Kristin Rudelich said...

Now this is what I want to see...I am SO proud of you Emily. Now I have something to do at work. THANK!!!!

Marissa said...

i am so glad you are updating again!!!

Natalie said...

We're so glad to have you guys closer. I'm sad we're not going to see you at Thanksgiving... I could have gone for some warm weather right about now!

Christine said...

Wow, that is a lot of school!