Monday, September 21, 2009

The Big 5-0!

The main reason for our whirlwind trip "home" this weekend was to surprise my mom for her birthday! My mom had been really sick this past week (amazing timing, I know!) so she stayed home from church. So we timed it to arrive then since she would be the only one home. We put Hadley on the doorstep and rang the doorbell, while everyone else hid. She was in bed and was refusing to answer since she hadn't showered in 2 days, so she didn't end up answering the door until like the seventh ring, but boy was she surprised! Because it was her birthday, as a present to her I won't post the video we took of the big surprise!

I'm so glad we were able to make the quick trip. It was so fun not having to miss out on yet another family event. My dad made my mom's favorite meal--shrimp and lobster, and my little sister picked up a chocolate mousse cheesecake from Cheesecake factory. The meal was delicious, I wish she would turn 50 more often.

I am so grateful for my mom. She is wonderful and would do anything for any of us. Now that I am a mom, I have developed a whole new appreciation for my mom (just like she said I would :) ) I love you mom, Happy Birthday!
here are a few photos we took before we left, unfortunately Derek had already gone home

1 comment:

Marsie Pants said...

Wow, your mom's old.

And good job, chocolate mousse is the best flavor of cheesecake they have. Trust me, I've tried almost all of them.