Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's been a long time...Catch up; 2009 edition.

Wow, I have been meaning to blog, I really have.  I have sat down to do it countless times.  Then I get caught up in....man, I am SOOO behind.  Do I want to spend the time to catch up, or should I just move forward.  Dilemma of dilemma, I know.  It is sad, here are a few really big things I missed in 2009...As soon as I get them off of my chest, I will feel like such a better blogger.  Cause that is what we all aspire to in life -- being the best dog-gone bloggers we can be.

August 16, 2009 - Hadley was blessed by Kyle in his parent's ward in Lindon, UT.  It was such a wonderful day and we were so lucky to have so many family member in attendance.  Hadley sure is a special addition to our family, I know there are many great things in store for her.

(Bedke Family - minus Mitch who is serving a mission in England)

(Christensen family - minus Keith who is the wonderful photographer)

August 20, 2009 - Kyle's beautiful sister Nicole married Chad in the Salt Lake City temple.    

October 31, 2009 - Hadley was a BYU Cheerleader for her 1st Halloween.  (Thanks G&G Christensen for the costume!)

                          

November 13, 2009 - Went to New Mexico to visit Keith and Natalie.  Bart, Karen, Nicole and Chad drove down and met us there too.  We went and visited Indian Ruins, toured Sante Fe, and most importantly went to the BYU/NM Football game.  I guess my camera was MIA on this trip, cause alls I got is a lovely sunrise that Kyle photographed.

                    

November 25, 2009 - In an effort to use our season passes to Disneyland one last time before they expired, the three of us made a quick trip to ride Its a Small World (Christmas Style) and watch the Christmas parade.  Only season pass holders have the luxury of going to DL and the only ride they choose to ride is Its a Small World (a ride that Kyle has REFUSED to ride every other trip.) Hadley LOVED IT! 

 
November 26, 2009 - We enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with members of our Fremont family. Highlights included: successfully cooking my very first turkey and Kyle researching how to carve his very first turkey.

December 10, 2009 - My lovely friend Lauren and I were able to be audience members on day seven of Ellen's twelve days of Christmas.  I (along with every other man, woman, and child in our ward) had been submitting my name for tickets faithfully in November and December in hopes of being selected to receive the coveted 12 days of giveaways tickets.  Somehow my name was picked and I was left with two stand-by tickets.  The two of us ventured to the WB studios at the wee hour of 4:30 AM and took our places as the 10th and 11th persons in line, the stand-by line that is.  At 8:00 a representative from the show took pity on us and gave us numbers holding our spots and released us with strict instructions to return later in the day.  After a little more waiting, then waiting, oh, and waiting, it was announced that   they had room for all of the standerbys!  Enough about the logistics.  Our prizes were: a video camera, a cell phone, an Ipod Touch, an I-home stereo, AND a TEMPURPEDIC bed (which we received last week, and it is heavenly!)

With that, my friends, I am spent.  I will continue my updating at a later time (maybe tomorrow, maybe next May).  But if I were you, I would definitely check back several times a day everyday until I do, cause believe me you won't want to miss it.  Look forward to a debut of the Christmas Card that never was, because the 50 I printed out aren't going to make it in the mail (I will stash them with the stack of wedding thank you notes that I also didn't mail out, oh and the 2007 Christmas cards.)

6 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Glad to "catch up" with you!

Hadley is so adorable.

I can't believe all of the things you got from Ellen. HOLY COW. For real?

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Great catch up post Emily! Can't believe how fast time has flown. Seems like only yesterday you were picking out fabrics downtown to make Hadley something. Hope you post pics of your fabulous Miss America party soon! :)

Christine said...

WOW!!! You got to go to the 7th day of the Christmas giveaways!!!!?? So jealous. I watch that show all the time and wonder how those lucky people get to be there. Sounds like 2009 was a great and busy year for you! :)

Amanda P said...

Emily!
It is so fun to hear about life for the traveling Christensens. I am also quite jealous of the 7th day of Christmas bit! I would have been SO excited!

Hailey said...

Cute pictures! Looks like fun!

Justin and Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Hadley!!! We look forward to meeting you in a month!!