Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Christmas in October?

Yesterday, when Kyle got home from school, we decided to procrastinate our studies and go walk around our favorite store, Costco. (It was alright though, because we did it in the name of Family Home Evening.) After an hour and a half of walking up and down every aisle, our only purchases were two rolls of Christmas wrapping paper and a cute Snowman pillow.

Ok, so I thought it was kind of bizarre that I was already purchasing holiday items and we haven't even made it to Halloween. BUT today as I was driving home from work, I was flipping through my pre-set radio stations, and had to stop when I discovered one was playing a touching rendition of Oh Tannenbaum. I thought it was a joke of some sort, but the very next song was Silent Night.

It's not like we are getting snow or anything, to bring on the premature Christmas spirit...it has been 90+ here four of the last five days!

It must be a sign...maybe I should put up our Christmas tree.

No comments: