
When I left for work at 7:30 that morning, we didn't have any huge black pieces of fabric, so I knew something was up. I walked in a little further and found this.

Yes, that is Kyle at the sewing machine. Now, I don't know what the proper reaction should have been, but all I could do was laugh, and ask what the heck he was doing. Turns out, he was surprising me by sewing me a bag to hold all of my primary things (oh yeah, I am the sunbeam teacher; however, a big part of me would rather be the relief society president). I was quite impressed (in a wierd way..), he says that this was his very first time sewing (outside of his Jr. High TLC class)and no pattern here folks, he designed the bag and everything. He even threaded (I don't know if threaded is a word, but I am going with it) the machine without having to call his mom! Now I am almost 100% sure that if I would have been the one to thread the machine, I would of had to have called my mom. Isn't he something!

3 comments:
Emily!! It is so good to hear from you! How are you guys liking Indiana?!? I think this story about Kyle is SO cute!!! Let me know what you're up to! Oh, and Valerie had her baby!
Looks like the Russ bus rubbed off on Kyle. I like the pic. Ha ha.
I love that your husband was sewing...mind recently got out my sewing maching (which I've never used) and decided he wanted to hem his pants, I sort of had the same reaction as you, just laughed, and thought he was pretty impressive. I'm happy you found my blog, because nowI have yours! Congrats on 2 years of marriage!
Post a Comment