No, Kyle hasn't been sewing again. In fact, he still hasn't finished the first project; however, I told him that it could join the drawer with all of my unfinished R.S. Enrichment projects...so many good intentions.
This past weekend, we went up to my Uncle Brice and Aunt Camille's home in North Manchester, IN. Like I have mentioned previously, we love going up there. Having them here has really made it feel like we aren't 1500 miles from home. We have enjoyed following their kids' sports and other activities. Both Jessica (15) and Malyssa (13) are the stars of the volleyball teams, we have been to a couple of their tournaments; they are fun to watch! Jessica was also selected to represent her class as a part of the homecoming court, for their school's homecoming this past weekend, so we went to the football game and watched as she was introduced during half-time. She is a beautiful girl, we are very proud to have such great cousins!
We really enjoyed conference this weekend. It was very nice, my Aunt and Uncle have the BYU channel, so we didn't have to go to the church for conference.
We have been staying really busy. Kyle finished up his first round of tests last week, and did pretty well. Luckily his next round is a little more staggered. I am studying for the Financial portion (there are four parts total) of the CPA exam and hope to take it towards the beginning of November. I sent in my application for the tests at the beginning of September, so I should be receiving my "notice to schedule" soon, then I can set a date to take this section. I think that my studying will be a lot more focused once I have a "hard" deadline. My ultimate goal is to finish (and pass) all four parts by early next summer.
In other news, Kyle was invited for an interview at Boston University's Dental School at the beginning of November. We are excited to have options, but are still really hoping that things will work out here. We really like Indianapolis. Kyle likes his program, I like my work, and we both love our ward (with the exception of the Sunbeam calling...just kidding, it isn't that bad.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sorry to tell you it's not Indianapolis :o( .. close though! It's actually Detroit - back to Mike's area. .. but he didn't want me to announce it on our blog for some reason!! It sounds like you guys are doing great!!!!!
Emily, I get a real kick out of your blog! Yes, Mike and I are listening to the BYU game on Saturday night on the internet so I thought I would drop you a line!
Post a Comment