Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Two years older and wiser too!

So I guess since both of our birthdays have come and gone, it is time to update the bloggity blog and let you all know about how we rang in our respective 25th birthdays.  

I will be honest, with our anniversary, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and both birthdays falling within two and a half months of each other, there was definitely a lack of creativity, BUT alas the birthdays must go on.  

For Kyle's big day, I went with the theme gift.  I got him this movie...

and we went and watched a Butler University basketball game (Butler is a local school that is currently ranked #10 in the nation) in Hinkle Fieldhouse.  Hinkle Fieldhouse, which was built in the 1920s, is the venue of the climatical championship game in the movie Hoosiers.  

Here are a couple of pictures from the big game. (ok actually one...my borrowed internet is struggling)


My birthday was also exciting!  Although it was on a Saturday, I had the pleasure of working throughout the morning and then spending the rest of the day with Kyle.  We ate at the Cheesecake Factory (believe it or not...we DIDN'T eat any cheesecake, I figured I would save my eight bucks and buy the ramekins used to make these) and went to the movie Vantage Point  (pretty good flick...I would give it a B "entertaining, but don't need to own it").  

All in all, the best gift for both of us would definitely be the dental school news.  We are so excited to begin that chapter of our lives; although we (well, definitely me) are not too excited to leave the friends we have made here in Indiana.  BUT, we don't have to think about that quite yet...we are only half-way through our detour here to Indiana.  

4 comments:

Christine said...

A birthday filled with basketball is always a good one!

Danielle said...

I am such a nerd!! I didn't even wish you a happy birthday!! Well happy belated birthday!

Unknown said...

Hey Emily & Kyle! Happy birthday from all of us! Sounds like Uncle Brice's kind of birthday celebration - basketball and food. We can't wait to see you this weekend.

Katie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Andrew and I were wondering about you guys and dental school. I am so happy for you! That feels pretty darn good, doesn't it? We understand the feeling. Don't you think it's time for Natalie and Keith to join the blogging world? We'll see if we can work on them!